Ms. Karen Haar (r), 2018SHRA Award Recipient
The College of Education Staff Employee of the Year Award will recognize two (2) outstanding, EHRA (1) and SHRA (1) staff members who have demonstrated: devotion to duty; innovation; human relations; community/public service; or safety/heroism in fulfilling their work requirements on behalf of the College of Education.
The award will be made annually during the April faculty/staff meeting. The nomination deadline is March 15, 2019.
Nature of Recognition
- The UNC Charlotte College of Education Staff Employee of the Year Award will be presented annually by the Dean during the April meeting of the College of Education.
- A plaque listing the name of each year’s recipient of the UNC Charlotte College of Education Staff Employee of the Year Award will be prominently displayed in the College of Education.
- The recipients of the UNC Charlotte College of Education Staff Employee of the Year Award will each receive $1,500 in staff professional development funds or $1,000 cash award (only SHRA employess are eligible for the cash award) and an individual plaque engraved with the name of the award, the recipient’s name, and the date that the award was presented. The cash award is considered to be taxable income subject to withholding for federal and state taxes and will be a one-time payment.
Nominators must complete and submit the nomination on-line by March 15, 2019.
A written recommendation, not to exceed 2 pages, must be submitted by March 15, 2019. Additional supporting documentation may be submitted if the individual is being nominated in the categories of community/public service or safety/heroism.
The nominee's resume/vita must be submitted on-line by March 15, 2019.
All permanent SHRA and EHRA staff members with two or more years of continuous service (at the time of nomination) are eligible for nomination. An exception may be considered if an employee with less than two years of service has engaged in an act of safety/heroism as defined below.
An employee can be nominated in one of the following 5 categories:
- Devotion to Duty: Through unselfish devotion to duty, far and above normal requirements, have contributed significant service to the College of Education community
- Innovation: Have initiated and successfully established new and outstanding methods, practices, plans, or designs having fundamental values
- Human Relations: Have made outstanding contributions to the field of human relations, employee-management relations, or any allied field
- Community/Public Service: Have made outstanding contributions by participating in or implementing community and public service projects
- Safety/Heroism: Have demonstrated outstanding judgment, courage, or ability in an emergency; meritorious action or service to prevent injury, loss of life, or prevent damage to or loss of property
The Dean of the College of Education will annually appoint a Staff Employee of the Year Award Committee: one (1) EHRA staff member; one (1) SHRA staff member; and an external stakeholder of the College of Education. The Senior Associate Dean of the College of Education shall serve as Chair of the Committee or will appoint a designee.
Call for Nominations
- A call for nominations will be forwarded via the College of Education email distribution list.
- The final decision concerning the recipient of the award will be made by the Dean of the College of Education after consultation with the chair of the selection committee.
- The Dean of the College of Education and/or designee will notify the recipient of the award.
For questions regarding submission of nomination materials, please contact Dr. Victor Mack at email@example.com.
EHRA Past Award Recipients:
2019 - Lonnie Bateman
2018 - No Recipient
2017 - No Recipient
2016 - No Recipient
SHRA Past Award Recipients:
2019 - Brandi Lewis
2018 - Karen Haar
2017 - Ashley Flatley
2016 - No Recipient
2015 - Kathie Goldman