Please read all of the following information before you proceed.
IMPORTANT IMFORATION FOR CLINICAL STUDENTS:
- If you book a school in Charlotte-Mecklenburg, you MUST register as a volunteer. On the CMS website (www.cms.k12.nc.us) under the “Community” tab, click “Volunteer” then “Volunteering in CMS.” Students not registered as a volunteer will not be permitted to enter the classrooms. IMPORTANT: Be sure to select the school(s) you signed up to visit so your name will show on the schools' approved list.
- If you book a school in LINCOLN COUNTY, when contacting Ms. Donna Turner, please indicate if your time in the school will total more than 20 hours.
If you booked a school in MOORESVILLE GRADED SCHOOL DISTRICT, all students are required to complete the clearance process through the district’s Human Resource Department. You will contact Dr. Ingrid Medlock at email@example.com.
If you booked a school in Gaston County Schools, all students are required to complete the clearance process. You will contact Melissa Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific requirements for clinicals. For example, how many hours are needed, observations only, teaching lessons, working with small groups, subject area/grade level.
- The contact person in the early start districts: IREDELL-STATESVILLE, KANNAPOLIS, LINCOLN, MOORESVILLE, and ROWAN may be contacted by email now.
- The contact person in all other districts may be emailed beginning January 15, 2020.
- Search online for directions to your school site(s). Please do not call the school for directions.
- Dress professionally. Some schools have turned students away when they arrived in typical campus attire. Please refer to our “Professional Dress Code” policy on the OSCP Clinical page. https://osacp.uncc.edu/clinicals
- Take your driver’s license or government issued photo ID.
- The confirmation page serves as permission to contact the selected school through the contact person listed.
- Print your confirmation page for your reference and take it to the school.
The online clinical registration will begin on February 15, 2021. The online clinical REGISTRATION WILL END March 15, 2021.