All teacher education candidates take part in early clinical experiences interacting with teachers and students in various schools in the area. The Office of School and Community Partnerships coordinates placement arrangements for these school experiences. Placements are arranged through the online registration program.
Signing Up for Your Clinical Experiences
“Greetings Charlotte 49ers” below you will find 2 video modules, one is about the Basics of signing up and documenting your Clinical Experiences with our School Partners AND the second module titled the 49er Way will explain our expectations of you while in those schools.
The Basics Video
The 49er Way Video
READ CAREFULLY – CANDIDATES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL INFORMATION!
Did you complete the video modules? Please make sure you have BEFORE signing up.
Login: Online Clinical/Observation Registration - The registration period has ended.
For questions or issues regarding clinical sign up please call, 704-687-8802 or email email@example.com .
Important Clinical Policies
CLINICAL PLACEMENTS MAY ONLY BE MADE THROUGH THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PROGRAM!
1. Once a placement is confirmed, candidates are expected to honor that placement. A candidate may not change his/her placement without email permission given to the OSCP by the course instructor.
2. Once booking a school placement online and printing the confirmation page, candidates are to contact the school immediately. It takes time for the contact person to match candidates with teachers, so it is important to get started right away.
3. For placement in school systems outside the clinical placement geographic area or if currently employed in a school not included in the clinical online registration program, call the Office of School and Community Partnerships for details (704-687-8802).
4. In some cases, an instructor may make arrangements at a particular site for candidates. When this occurs, the instructor will submit required information to OSCP. The candidate should not sign up online.
5. All clinical requirements are to be completed in one school unless required by the instructor.
6. Professional dress and behavior is required and expected. Always report to the school office and present your UNC Charlotte ID and driver’s license to sign in. Never go directly to a classroom, even if you have been in the building several times before. Ask if you have parked your car in an acceptable place. Attire must adhere to the Cato College of Education Professional dress code. Candidates may be denied entry to a school if not dressed properly. In addition, hats, tobacco products, gum, snacks, etc. should be left in your car.
CELL PHONES ARE TO BE TURNED OFF AND KEPT OUT OF SIGHT WHILE IN SCHOOL BUILDINGS AND CLASSROOMS.
7. When visiting a school, candidates must have their UNC Charlotte ID, driver’s license, and syllabus requirements for each course that requires clinical hours. Some instructors may provide a letter for you to present to the teacher.
8. Various school systems will require a background check in order to complete clinicals in their schools. It is the candidate’s responsibility to follow system policies.
- CMS – complete volunteer registration https://www.cmsvolunteers.com/
- Iredell, Lincoln, and Rowan – complete a background check. Cost is candidate’s responsibility.
For additional information, contact the Office of School and Community Partnerships
College of Education, Suite 139
Phone: 704-687-8802 FAX: 704-687-1487